Pore strips for blackheads removal
Well ok, ok... Picture doesn't explain the usage, principle and other important aspects of pore strips. Continue reading and learn:
- What are pore strips and how do they work?
- How effective are nose pore strips?
- Blackhead strips usage intruction
- Possible undesirable effects
- A place to get pore strips
Blackhead strips is a product made specially for blackheads (pore clogs) on nose, forehead, chin and cheeks removal. There's a glue coating on one side of pore strips. Glue is the main element which binds all dirt, oils and sebum when pore strips are applied on the skin. As soon as blackhead strip dries out it is being peeled off with everything it had bound to it (blackheads and whiteheads and all their content).
There are few strips manufacturers and one of them, according to masses of users, is a total leader among the others. Read more about pore strips brands at the bottom of this article.
The results mostly depend on the skin type and the manufacturer you choose. Bad choice and difficult skin type might cause ZERO extracted blackheads, while good product choice could remove up to 80% or even more blackheads. Most users prefer Biore products. We do the same.
Even though pore strips does not prevent blackheads from repetitive appearing it is considered to be the most effective method for instant blackheads removal. Repetitive blackheads appearance is fought with prevention methods such as total hygiene, creams or home remedies for blackheads.
We'll continue with the instructions and experiences regarding Biore pores strips.
Professionals don't recommend using any strips more than once in 3 days. Actually it is enough to use them once a week. The usage is pretty simple, though first try might not be totally successful.
Here's how you use them:
- Firstly you have to clean your nose (or other affected area) and wet it generously (humidity is very important);
- We recommend to soften your skin and pores to get much better results. How to soften? Place a wet and warm washcloth over your affected skin area and hold for some minutes. Another way is to keep your head over a steaming pot - steam does a great softening work. Hot shower is an option too!
- Place the strip over your nose and smooth it very carefully - you must not leave any place unglued or with air bubbles.
- The instruction tells us to wait 10 to 15 minutes to let strips dry. Better advice would be to wait until it totally dries.
- Remove when it is totally dry! Start peeling from sides to the middle.
- Wash tour face afterwards and cleanse with disinfector.
More about blackheads removal
Click on image to enlarge:
Where can I get one?
Don't worry if the first try wasn't exactly as you expected. You might make some mistakes which won't be repeated next time you use it.
Many people feel some different undesirable effects. They're not that bad actually:
- After removal, some glue left on the skin. This glue is easily washed with water.
- It sometimes hurts to remove. Don't rush to remove. Start peeling from sides and advance very slowly and gently to the middle.
- Skin burns and hurts after blackheads removal. If that is really very bad, you should stop using strips at all or use it very cautiously next time. This sometimes happen to very sensitive skin.
- Skin itches. It's pretty usual after removal. Just apply some disinfector (such as benzoyl peroxide) and itchiness will soon fade.
Nose pore strips are sold widely at beauty shops and drugstores. Even though Biore pore strips is a bit more pricy than other products, most people, who have tried various brands, claim Biore products (strips) are at least as twice effective as others.
If you've already tried Biore pore strips, please share your experience with other readers via comments.
Was this article helpful? Let others know: